The campaign focuses on the following activities:
Within the EAZA region:
- Increase awareness in the general public and within the zoo community.
- Fundraise for conservation efforts to prevent extinctions.
- Provide ideas and information to enable environmental education in zoos.
- Provide expertise, mentorship and manpower to support conservation breeding programs and related ex-situ research activities.
Within the natural range:
- Increase regional awareness and implement environmental education strategies in cooperation with local and international stakeholders.
- Develop regionally relevant husbandry guidelines for all focus species, and support their legal and scientifically managed breeding in-region.
- Build awareness and capacity for law enforcement within the region.
- Initiate, develop and support in-region conservation breeding centres where this is deemed necessary.
- Support research initiatives designed to improve the scientific basis of reintroduction programmes
The campaign will run from 1 October 2017 to 30 September 2019.